What is Vaulting?
Equestrian Vaulting is a unique International sport which combines elements of dance and gymnastics on the back of a moving horse. In addition to fostering teamwork, Vaulting also develops confidence, creativity, balance and strength, and also promotes harmony between rider/vaulter and horse, which is an essential element for all equestrians.
Our family friendly sport is currently enjoyed by students of all ages and abilities in 28 countries around the world, and has been a steady feature in riding programs and camps in the US since 1969.
In addition to instruction in equestrian vaulting, students will also learn:
- Basic gymnastics
- Team building exercises
YOUR FIRST VAULTING LESSON IS FREE!
Lessons occur on the first FOUR (4) Wednesdays and Sundays of every month, and are held at the Poway Valley Stock Farm 14433 Tierra Bonita Road, Poway CA 92064. We are located in the far east of the property by the large eucalyptus trees.
- Wednesdays 330pm-430pm, Adaptive class
- Wednesday 440pm-600pm, Open class
- Sundays 200pm to 330 pm Beginners class
- Sundays 330pm to 500pm Int/Adv class
What to wear:
- stretchy leggings or gym pants
- t-shirt that can be tucked in
- non hooded jacket, no dangling laces, large buttons
- soft soled tennis shoes (no boots).
- long hair is worn in braids or pony tail
- Leave home: your jewelry, candy, gum, sugary drinks, snacks
- Two (2) releases: Poway Valley Stock Farm & Poway Valley Vaulters (see pdf's below and know that every person that comes on to the property must sign the PVSF waiver.)
- large water
- a friend or family member to take pictures of your first lesson!
We also offer private clinics for your group, such as Home school groups, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, birthday parties, Pony Clubs, and Equestrian organizations.